Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Leica Digital M8




I know I know, another camera blog... I know... Rumours have it that Leica Solms will be releasing the new digital rangefinder dubbed the Leica M8 in October'06.. Scheduled for release right after the introduction in Photokina, this newbie will surely be a hit with M shooters. In fact, most people are yearning for this camera due to accustomed to, digital convinience. Lens are of course compatible with older and current M lenses. There's also a 6 bit coding which can be engraved on older and current M lenses' bayonet mounts for the purpose of compatibility with the future M8. And the damage? A cool USD5,000/-. Will I buy it? Heck no! Used? Perhaps... in a couple of years to come.. :-))

Check out what Rich Pinto of Photo Village, NYC had to say bout this recent hype for rangefinder fans worldwide:

I'm bound by a ND agreement to not discuss specifics of the impending digital M camera...however I (think) I can say that it is the BEST prototype I have ever seen from Leica. It look, felt and smelt like a Leica!It all worked, it was fast as heck, and the images were such that I still have the bruises from when the German product manager wrestled it from my hands to take back to Solms.All I can say is, save your pennies! FWIW, I have not yet started taking deposits yet and cautious dealers should probably wait for an official due day before doing so! ciao,Rich
Rich Pinto
The Photo Village, Inc.www.photovillage.com(212) 989-1252

No comments: