Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Nostalgic and tragic drama... Age of Glory

This is my favorite prop photo - It has the closest to a Leica look of all - What do you think Debbie? :-)

The past months or so has been regimental to my tv watching habits. Never did I think I would have ended up glued to the telly at 945pm for an hour, mostly weekdays to catch the current local favorite drama. NTV7 and Double Vision's latest collaboration; Age of Glory tells the story of 3 local women and their struggles in the hard lifes of the 60s and 70s. It also portrays Kuala Lumpur's legendary BB Park from its prime days to its demise in the early 70s. Beautiful casts as well... led by Debbie Goh herself (a former beauty pageant queen), Aenie Wong, and Danielle Dai... Well done you gals! You rock! :-)

A good drama should always be accompanied by a great soundtrack... In this department, we had the local 988 host Lee Xin Yi providing sweet vocal duties for most of the tracks heard here. The opening and ending themes of this drama send shivers down my spine whenever I hear 'em... It's sort of haunting, perplexing yet nostalgic... The kind of strange vibes I'm into... la... :-) Love the antiquities presented in the drama too: vintage cars, furnitures, costumes, clocks, etc. Businessmen in their 3 piece suits... really regal and accurate in every aspect of capturing the era's environment.

So, since this drama concluded last evening, I'm gonna have troubles putting it behind me; anyone else who wants to appreciate a good drama should head to the NTV7 website for catch up tv... Trust me, it's worth it... :) t

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for support :)

Unknown said...

cheers! :-)

Anonymous said...

Would there be an AOG 2?

Unknown said...

lol, i guess that would depend on the producers kwa... :-)