Sunday, July 01, 2007

My Contribution To The Crossroads Antigua Center...








Funny how sometimes something your idol very much can influence you to do something out of the norm... Being an ardent fan of vintage and beat up gear doesn't justify the purchase of a new pedal, even more so, from a music retail store... So last Saturday was the day of the reckoning; I had made up my mind that I wanted to hear how good the EC Crossroads pedal by Digitech was, and if it was indeed up to my expectations, I would grab it without any regretful hesitation.
So, I proceeded to Bentley Music in town for an audition although I would have loved to be there on weekdays instead where I could have the whole store practically to my own ears (regular shoppers beware!!! :-)). Plugged into a regular USA Strat, I tweaked and twiddled with the Crossroads pedal, all the 7 modes it had to offer, to hear what it could and could not do... Putting it in a nutshell, my first impressions were that the distortion modes were edgy and tad harsh through the single coils of the Strat, a complete opposite of the Boss OD-1 and the Ibanez TS-9 ovedrive pedals in my possession. I think it would have sounded better on a Gibson axe which boosted the midrange frequencies pretty well. My personal favorites playing for the first time are the 'Leslie' rotating speaker cabinet simulator; the 'Badge' sound, the 'Unplugged' 1939 Martin 000-42 guitar mode and the fat 'Reptile Gibson L-5 guitar tone. It didn't took long for me to decide that I must purchase the pedal after reading the nice and convincing information on the packaging box, notably the part which mentions the contribution from the purchase of this pedal towards charitable causes for the alcoholic center in Antigua which is maintained by Eric himself. It may have been a commercial ploy after all, but heck, if EC doesn't sell, who does anyway...
Back home, with a more engaging and matured setup, I am pleased as punch to know that indeed I have bought home a good investment grade pedal. Although not a Japanese made one, this one IS special... It commemorates Eric's tone and sound throughout his 40 over years super career. The pedal sounded closer to Eric's setup when you use the other gears he used back then (same spec guitars and amps). This gadget takes your tone one step closer to mimic 'God', only after you have invested in His well known otherworldly gears... So, EC fans out there, buy this pedal, and you'll have His tone in your arsenal, also do the world some good by a donating to the center for good causes, Peace brothers...

6 comments:

Shahir said...

Nice buy Terence..Cool stuff

Terence said...

i'm pretty pleased with it the least... nice vibes too!

Leishia said...

-_- can u please not label my blog as ho lei hsia's diary?

dun need to state my full name gua?.... i mean, the blog (yes a blog! not a diary! zzz) comes with a cool name. why dun u just use that?

joh! dun wan full name can ah? Zzzzzz

Terence said...

it's a rather cool IMHO to use your cool name as the title of the blog... sweet and wicked as they say... cheers, t

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://lylojasuji.lookseekpages.com/zebicod.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a sum that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]