Sunday, April 01, 2007

Toying with the idea...

Lately I've been toying with the idea of getting a 60s Fender electric solidbody. Definitely another Strat / Tele would have been out of the selection criteria due to budget constraints. So, what better way to invest than in a '65 Dakota Red Duo Sonic II (24" scale). Although considered by many collectors a student model (3/4 size), it's value has seen the rise of a steady 5-8% per annum for the last several years. So, I'm getting that before it costs an arm and a leg... quid pro quo he he

Since selling my vintage Les Paul, I've been yearning again to own another utility vintage electric. I guess I'll play Yardbirds licks on it though my wide open Silverface Fender amp... I'll post some licks up pretty soon...

Have a good one... :-)

2 comments:

Shahir said...

Terence,
That's not a bad idea after all.. :-)

Terence said...

It isn't yeah, a nice vibe... love the red being beat up and all...